Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Stuff it, Love it, Hug it.

So Haley hasn't been very good at sleeping in her own bed since she was about 1 1/2. That is mostly our fault. We finaly decided it was time to get her out of our bed. I could never figure out how and why some parents let kids sleep in thier beds...until I had my own. She is so fun to snuggle with, but we are out growing our king size bed.
We made a deal with Haley. She has always wanted to go to "Build a Bear." So we told her she needs to sleep in her own bed for 30 days and then we could go to "Build a Bear." Well it worked as you can see.

Here is Haley and Jason making the birth certificate.
Leaving the store.

This is Haleys new bedtime sleeping buddy. Her name is Bailey. All of her dolls names always rhyme with her own name. Bailey, Shalee, Haley and Gaylee(I know that one...well, I don't know where she came up with it. It was almost the name of her new bear, but I talked her into Bailey)

8 comments:

Kimpossible said...

That's adorable. She looks so excited for her bear.

Stephanie Salmon said...

I think it will be a good thing for all three of you having Haley sleep in her own bed. :) So Roxy didn't stick eh?

byufish said...

Congratulations! It's good to know the really important things in Haley's life. Comes in handy doesn't it? Cute bear! Haley and Bailey should come over for a sleepover sometime.

Calloways said...

I love that her animals name rhymes with her own!! That is so cute. As for the sleeping in your bed...we are still rookie's and have stood firm so far, but now I TOTALLY get why people let their kids sleep in their bed....BECAUSE they are tired! HA!

Erin S. said...

ok this trick would only work on haley cause she is so smart...i don't even think kaleb could remember a deal like that for a week let alone 30 days! glad it worked for you guys though!

Stephanie Salmon said...

Hey Shannon, thanks for the comment! Finally, a comment on my blog. It feels like forever. Just kidding, anyway, I put a picture of our bathroom upstairs on there too. Can't believe I almost forgot that one! You'll have to go check it out. And yeah, we'll definitely have to have a house warming party. Probably won't happen till after Florida. - Aren't you excited to go to Florida?!! I can't wait.

Ryan + Jess said...

That is so cute. And what a good incentive!

If you ever have triplets you should let Haley choose the names :)

JaMie HeApS said...

haley you lucky dog.... i like the ryming names