Thursday, December 06, 2007

She did it!!!

So a week ago we went to the mall to see santa and Haley flipped out. She wouldn't sit on Santa's lap. She cried and cried. The next day Haley said she didn't sit on Santa's lap because he had gloves on. So tonight we went to eat at Red Robin and asked her if she wanted to go up stairs and sit on Santa's lap. Jason told her she could just stand by Santa and we would tell him to take his gloves off. She seemed up for it. So here is a picture of us waiting line a short line to see Santa.
Notice Santa took off his gloves. Haley got up to him and quickly said, "I want a cash register and a kitchen." I could tell her heart was pounding. She was trying to be sooo brave. I can't believe she did it!
Later that night Haley said, "Mom, I'm such a big girl since I sat on santa's lap. I am so proud of my life!" You've gotta love Christmas time with little kids!

7 comments:

Mindy said...

Good for Hailey, that can be so scary! I LOVE that she loves her life! Darling picture!

Stephanie Salmon said...

I love that she said "I am so proud of my life." Man, Haley's awesome. If we ever have kids, they have no chance. ;)

Tara Fears said...

K, that is a good story! Haley...yeah, Steph's right...our kids don't have a chance either!

Stacey Salmon said...

Yahoo for Haley!! Good job!!
SS

Ryan + Jess said...

ok that was the cutest story ever. She is adorable!! I hope Santa brings her what she wants now... :)

Heather Palmer said...

That is the cutest story I've ever heard!!!! I wish you guys lived closer! I miss you!

JaMie HeApS said...

haley you are such a big girl i am so proud of!!! you better be really good, cuz hes little elfs are watching. hope you get the goods.