Thursday, January 24, 2008

FIRST TIME....

Last week Haley got to come to YW with me and go ice skating. She loved it.
Just about to go on the ice.
We also signed Haley up for swimming lessons with Dahl at Provo High. Haley was pretty pumped about it. Tuesday was her first day. I don't know if you can tell in this picture, but Haley is crying. The teacher had Haley blow bubbles and then dunked her under the water. She was not having that! She had only been in the pool a couple of min. What a way to start the lesson! So she cried pretty much tell the lesson was over. I guess she was pretty traumatized!
Here is Haley and Dahl after swimming lessons tonight. She did a lot better her second time. She made sure I told the teacher not to dunk her in the water. After I did that she got right in. Haley will go under the water but only when it is her idea.

8 comments:

Stacey Salmon said...

Ok, it was such a good idea to put them in swimming classes together. Dahl is loving it. Haley did soo good tonight!!

JaMie HeApS said...

IS SHE YOUR TWIN OR WHAT EVERY STORY ABOUT HER JUST REMIND ME OF SOMETHINGYOU WOULD DO.

Tara Fears said...

I want to come to a swimming lesson!!!

Ryan + Jess said...

How fun for them to swim together! Little salmon fishy together...

We have a swimming pool here at our place and I really want to take Mady for a dip because she loves water, but it is so FREEZING cold that I can't bring myself to do it. Maybe in a few weeks.

Rachel said...

Those pictures are so dang cute. She is such a sweetie! I bet she was in heaven going to YW with you.

BYU Fish said...

Skating and swimming! Wow, Haley you are super athlete girl! I want to go skating with you sometime. Why don't you ask Grandpa Salmon to build you a skating rink in the backyard? That would be WAY FUN! I bet he even has some skates that would fit you.

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday today Shan!! I hope it is wonderful!
Rach

Heather Palmer said...

Oh that is sad!! I hate it when they surprise them with stuff they may not be comfortable with. Madi also hates to put her face in the water...especially when she's not ready for it. Obviously.
Happy belated birthday! Also...I didn't have your email to add you as a blog reader to mine (went private) so email it to me! (I think I added Jason's though)