Friday, July 21, 2006

Grand Opening!!


....So I guess it is about time I start a blog for our family! Things are going well here in Provo. Jason is busy starting his Insurance business and I work Mondays through Wednesdays for a dentist here in town that I have been working for the past four years as a dental hygienist. The days I work, we are lucky enough to have Jason's mom watch Haley for us.
I have the next two weeks off and thought it would be a great time to get Haley potty trained. I have to admit, I am the one not ready. I have been dreading training her because it sounded like a pain. But, I have been pleasantly surprised how easy it has been so far. She is such a smart little girl and talks so well for her age that it has made it a lot easier.

9 comments:

Stacey Salmon said...

Yahoo....bloggin rocks!
SS

Calloways said...

OH BOOYA! Better make your next post better than this one!

Stacey Salmon said...

Good post Shannon! You are know an offical blogger. That's a cute picture of Haley.
SS

Heather Palmer said...

All right guys! Good to finally see you blogging! I was wondering when you were going to get int he mix. Good luck with the potty training. It's SO worth it when you get it down...and she'll pick it up quick. With Madi I went to the dollor store and bought like $20 worth of $1 fun little toys. Then I just stuck her in panty's and let her pee in her pants a few times. She hated the feeling of being wet (cause I'd let her enjoy the feeling for a few) and finally got the idea. So every time she went on the potty she got to pick a toy out of the dollor store bag. Anyway...2 days and she was done. It's been fabulous ever since. Or there is always the sticker chart. That worked great for us getting her to go alone. Whatever you do...it will be great. Good luck. Keep posting and let us know how it goes!

Heather Palmer said...

I LOVE the all blue family picture. Blue shirts, blue eyes! Cute!!!!!!!

Ryan + Jess said...

Great post guys! I'm glad that we can finally get to know you guys a little better!

Calloways said...

YEA! You updated your post. Matt and I know all about potty training because we are in nursey and 5 out of 7 are going through it right now. The same kid in our class has had an accident twice! Poor guy! Haley is so much bigger that the last time we saw her. You guys are so cute!

Sara said...

heheheh I'm so excited for this one. I love you guys. Can't wait to see you again soon.

JaMie HeApS said...

good work shanny im impressed!!!! its funny you pull the same face as haley when your on the pot. like mother like daughter.