Friday, February 23, 2007

Happy Valentines Day!!

So Haley helped make her Dad a Valentine. She even put on her own lip stick so she kiss the paper. We didn't do to much on Vanlentines night. I was suppose to have Young Womens, but after work I cancelled it and Jason, Haley and I decided to go to the BYU basketball game with my parents instead. We decided to keep Valentine low key this year because we just booked a trip to CANCUN, MEXICO!! I am so excited! Jason and I are going to Cancun to celebrate our 5 year aniversary!!!
So, I took Haley to McDonalds the other day because she finally went #2 for me in the potty. #1 isn't a problem, but #2 is another story. For some reason she seems scared to go. Her reward was getting an Ice cream at McDonalds and getting to play on the play ground, even though I think those toys have a ton of yucky germs on them, I am willing to try anyting. I love this picture. For one I love her curls. Yes, they are natural and no, she did not get them from me. Second this picture makes me laugh. I don't know if you can see her first real "owie" but let me just say it was tramatizing for her!!! I was tickling her and my fingernail scratched her. She didn't realise this until about 20 min later. She started crying so hard. She wouldn't stop. I have never seen her cry this hard. She walked around the rest of the day with her arm held out like it was broken. Getting her clothes on was tricky because she didn't want anything to come anywhere close to her owie. That was her first time seeing her own drop, yes one drop of blood.
Here is Haley with Grandma Sheryle at the BYU basketball game on Valentines Day. She loves going to the games. Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Heather Palmer said...

2 seems to be a problem for most kids! Madi was the same...she would wait for days because she was afraid for some reason. So we went the incentive rout also...filled a bag with dollar store toys and let her pick one every time she went.... Maybe it's like a club we don't know about; "Wait as long as you can...eventually you can get free stuff!" She is so cute! I love the valentine picture with her carefully applied lipstick! :) And I'm so jealous you are going away!!!! Think of me when you are frolicking in the surf!

Tara Fears said...

I too am quite jealous of your Mexico trip. Are you sure I can't come with you? I'd fit nicely in your suitcase! Gary won't mind!!! - I can't wait for THAT blog!!! You have one cute little girl!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures. In fact, I love the stories BEHIND the pictures as well. I guess any bribe for potty training is worth it. Keep it up Shannon...and buy some cute bandaids so she can be more excited next time you scratch her up!! (ya it's Carol...I sort of forgot my password so I'm doing the anonymous thing)

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures. In fact, I love the stories BEHIND the pictures as well. I guess any bribe for potty training is worth it. Keep it up Shannon...and buy some cute bandaids so she can be more excited next time you scratch her up!! (ya it's Carol...I sort of forgot my password so I'm doing the anonymous thing)

Anonymous said...

Wow...I don't even know how to add a comment!

JaMie HeApS said...

so glad we got a new update. haley is getting big and i love the lip stick she looks foxy!!! and congrats haley on the # 2 issue im so proud.keep the poos coming. go cougs.

KandyJill said...

That is probably the cutest Valentine I have ever seen in my life!! what a sweetie!

Rachel said...

darling! She is one sweet little valentine, I am sure Jason is putty in her hands!!!